Thursday, October 26, 2017

X-C

Well I hope we send a team because I'm actually getting kind of excited for the X-C race.  Although running a marathon with Evan would be fun since other than Chicago 2007 in some major heat and humidity we never raced a marathon in the cold together, I kind of would like to race the 10-k x-c race against some fast masters guys.  I will however have to pick up a pair of x-c spikes.  Something I haven't had for many years, but I do love the feel of spikes.

One year I went out to California for US nationals, 2001 I think.  Ran  36:36 for 10-k.  Slow as crap, but it was in a hurricane, and I remember putting in 1 inch spikes for the only time in my life and those didn't help much.  Rain, and ice pellets during race with the wind made for an interesting race.

Think I ran US x-c champs in 2003 too in NC.  Hilly course, but I ran much better, 33:47 and that was only good for 98th place.  Winning time wasn't under 30, so tough course, Alan Webb and Daniel Lincoln led the way I think.  5-k loop.

I'm pretty sure I can run faster than 33:47 on Lexington course.  And in masters race I should do much better, I hope.

Will have to do a couple workouts on local golf course in the next few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment