Thursday, October 19, 2017

Light workout

3-k warm-up,

4x1-k with 1/2-k easy between.

Nothing crazy fast, just something to get the legs moving again.

Went 3:23, 3:21, 3:19, and 3:17.  Felt pretty easy.

3.5-k cool down. 

12-k,  44:40 total, about 6:00 pace for whole thing.

Scheduled a massage next week to get my backed worked on.  It's gotten a little better.  It doesn't hurt to breath anymore, but still feel it a little running if I twist at all.  Weird injury.

5-k this weekend.  Ya, not sure how that will go.  I have not run this course, but it doesn't look super hilly.  Should be at least 1-2 good runners there at least.  Goal is top 3 and try and be under 16:30.  Not going to do anything nuts in first mile, just try and hang with leaders as long as I can, and then try not to fall apart.

Next weeks 5-k is much hillier and although my legs should be more recovered, I've always had a tough time breaking 17 minutes on the course, so if I can do that I'll be happy.

8-k the week after that has some hills, but isn't super slow.  I've run 26:08 on the course, when I wasn't super fit, so I'm hoping I can run 26:30 or so now.

After that I get a couple of weeks off and will run the Brewer Turkey Trot 3-miler which on a pretty pancake course, although the wind is usually an issue.  Like to be around 15:30-15:45 for that.

Then it's 3 weeks of training before the Millinocket marathon where I have no major goals other than run with lead group as long as I can.

I've got some good workouts planned between now and then which should keep my fitness pretty good.  The marathon last weekend once I recover should boost my fitness a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment