Saturday, October 21, 2017

2018 races

February 4th-  Midwinter 10-miler.  Cape Elizabeth, Maine.
March 4th- US 50-k champs, Long Island, New York.
April 29th- US masters 10-k champs, Dedham, MA.
May 6th- US Half marathon champs, Pittsburg, PA.
May 12th- US 25-k champs, GrandRapids MI

May have to choose between half and 25-k.  Not sure if I can run both with work, or if I want to run both a week apart.  I've run the 25-k and it's a great course, plus it gives me a week between the 10-k off.  Plus I really hate half marathons, not sure why.

October 7th- US 10-mile champs, Minn.
December 2nd-  US marathon champs, Cal international.(fast course).

If US mountain running champs is in North Conway I'll do that too.  That's a brutally fun race to do up and down a ski mountain.  Last time I did it I had run a marathon the week before and I think I finished 12th, behind Jim Johnson, and Kevin Tilton, but because I didn't have a USATF membership at the time I'm not in the results.  All I remember is my legs were pretty sore from running Grandma's marathon a week before and the downhills on the trail were brutal.  Hopefully the event is in New England.  Some great masters mountain guys, and it should be a good race.

Luckily almost everything is early year and late year, Summer months is pretty hard to get away with it being so busy in Bar Harbor.

The only thing that kind of sucks is 1/2 marathon, 25-k and 15-k are all within 3 weeks.  I'd love to do all of them, although I really hate the 15-k course, and its usually hot, but I think I'll have to choose one of these, and I really love the 25-k distance, and that course.  I actually roomed with Fernando Cabada the year he broke the US record in 2006, 1:14:21.  That was awesome.  I ran  1:23:05 and got 35th place, so great competition.  Cabada said told me he would break the record the night before.  He kicked ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment