Saturday, October 28, 2017

Halloween 5-k

No warmup, other than jogging around the start area a few minutes prior to start.  Ran in light trainers.

Went out and ran with Erik Kickerbocker.  Finished in 17:50.  Splits of 5:43, 5:54, 5:37, 38 seconds.  Nice work Erik, coming off a 2:57 at MDI Marathon a couple of weeks ago.  40 years old, he'll do well with masters running.

2+ easy with Erik and Chris Holt after.  25-k workout tonight on golf course.  Beautiful weather. 

Tonight's workout after I warm up.  Ya, I probably will just do a bookend workout.  6 minutes hard, 8x3:00 hard, 6:00 hard, then 3x60 seconds hard.  Ordered my new spikes, Nike Zoom Forever x-c, 5.3 oz..  Probably won't need them for Franklin Park unless it's not dry.  Other than races over 25-k, I'm racing everything in the lightest shoes I can find.


No comments:

Post a Comment