Sunday, October 8, 2017

Control

So I could have run a downhill mile race today right in bar harbor.  But I decided to rest the legs.  They are a little tired from yesterday but not bad.
Headed out for am essy jog at 7:00 pace.  No strides today.
Tomorrow morning I'll do my marathon prep run in AM.  2x1.4 miles at about 7:30ish,  just a hair faster than goal mp.

The workout yesterday I did in 2010 before Hyannis.  Found my splits for that.

In 2010 I ran 4:31 for the mile,  about 2:22 pace for the 1/2 miles, and 62 for the quarter mile.  So I'm not too far that.  I'd say with some rest, strides, sleeping well this week, because I have 3 nights off before marathon I should be able to run 5:30-5:45 pace for the marathon.  I'll need to to have any chance at winning.


No comments:

Post a Comment