Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Afternoon marathon course run

Alright went from RA corner, about the 30-k mark to the finish in Southwest Harbor.  Ran easy, but it was sunny and hot.  Hope it cools off for Sunday.

7.65 miles today,  Pretty hilly section of the course.

.41 miles, 2:40, two good hills.
Mile 19-20, 6:22, one good hill.
Mile 20-21, 6:23, one good hill, ran a lot of this in the dirt, traffic was crazy.
Mile 21-22, 6:35, good gradual hill.
Mile 22-23, 6:17, starts down, flat, finishes up.
Mile 23-24, 6:35 a couple good hills with a slight down in the middle.
Mile 24-25, 6:00, this mile I always thought was up, starts slightly up, but mostly flat and down.
Mile 25-26, 6:11, good downhill, slightly up for the end of it.
.24 miles,  1:27, slightly uphill to flat.

Switched to flats after and did a bunch of strides along the last half mile of the marathon course.  Checking out any potholes, cracks, and anything in the road that I can use to my advantage if it comes to a sprint finish.  My golden rule is I don't allow someone who is with me or behind me to beat me in the final mile.  See if I can keep to that if that happens.

If you piece the whole marathon in the three runs I've done the last week on the course I averaged 6:22 pace.  So I should be able to at least run 2:46 for the whole marathon.  Hopefully way faster, but whatever my time is, it is.

Tomorrow evening a short workout, probably 3-5x900 meters quick.  Then I get 80+ hours of rest, which should be plenty to get my legs feeling fresh and hopefully ready to race these guys coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment