Sunday, October 22, 2017

5-k race

Did the Black Bear 5-k this morning.  Goal was 16:30. 

Warmed up about 2.2 miles.  Legs felt really good.

Started off easy and Erik and some other guy were way out front at mile, they went through under 4:50.

I caught the other guy after the mile and stayed around 5-8 seconds behind Erik through about 2.  Then he got a few more seconds on me in last mile.  Think he finished in 15:55 and I was 16:08.  My fastest 5-k since 2011 or 2012.  Not a hard course, but not fast by any means.  One week out from the marathon, I'm very happy with that.  Ran a much more even race today than I have been.  Goes to show I am in way better shape than he 2:37:57 marathon I ran last week.  Weather today was just about perfect.  Course on my GPS said 3.2 miles, so it was a good 5-k.

3+ cool down and some barefoot strides on fake grass after.

No comments:

Post a Comment