Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Updated race schedule

Alright, just getting ready to go out for my long run.  Would like to shorten it down closer to 22-23, but the loop I'm doing I don't seem to get it much shorter than 24.7.  There is one place I could shave off a couple of miles in NE Harbor.  I just feel like running 24+ is not much better than 21-23.

As for races.  I've added a couple in here.  I'll be training through most of these, but will be rested for the marathon.

Bangor Labor Day 5-miler: Sept. 4th.  Goal 26:30,  Hopefully top 3.  Not sure how my legs will feel after the 23.5 miler I did this week.  Like to run first mile in about 5:05, and then work on the 3rd uphill mile and be close to goal marathon pace for that.  It's a pretty tough mile, kind of like the second one of Machias.

Orono Pie in the Sky 5-k: Sept. 9th Goal 16:15.  Haven't been to this one.  First mile I think is fast, so I'm going to try and break 5:00, then try to be under goal marathon pace last part.

Bradbury trail 12-miler: Sept. 10th,  not racing this, going to run a tempo 15-k before and run the 12 miles to get a long run in.  Plan is to run the 15-k around 50-51 minutes, and then run the 12 miles on the pretty slow, but flat trail race is to practice taking water.

Stockton Springs 12-k: Sept 16th  Goal sub 40:00, rolling hills, never been to this one.  Try to run this as even as I can.

Pumpkin 4-k, Sept. 24th.  Goal sub 12:10, downhill course.  I think the last time I ran this I ran 11:30 something, don't remember.  Mostly flat the first 1-k, then downhill for about 2-k, and rolling the final K.  Plan is to run the first K as hard as I can, coast down, then hammer the final K.  Work on speed.

Belfast 10-k: October 1st  Goal 32:30, flat course, new course.  Plan is to run as even as I can.

MDI marathon: October 15th  Goal 2:27


After that I may do the Brewer Turkey trot if I have the day off, would be day before I turn 40.

Midwinter 10-miler in February of 2018.  Goal is to break masters course record which is around 55:19.

March, US 50-k Championships in NY.  Goal is to win masters division and be in top 3 overall.

Sugarloaf marathon in May.

Cabot trail relay, May

Beach to beacon, August, going for top Maine master.  This year time was 33:08.  should be good race.

No comments:

Post a Comment