Wednesday, August 30, 2017

6 weeks 5 days to go

The journey is getting near.  Just over 6 weeks until MDI.  I'm having a lot of fun with it.  It wasn't until I was 185 pounds and ran the NE Harbor 5-miler in 35 minutes a few years ago that I realized I needed to do something.  I remember going out with the leaders for about half a mile and then the rest of the race getting passed.  Finishing 29th and feeling worse than I used to at the end of a marathon, and then barely being able to walk the next day.

I tried multiple times over the past 5 years to come back, and failed.  I failed over and over.  I had to change my mindset.  I continued to get up until I finally was able to stand.  I dug deep down and made a choice.  I decided I had to change things.  It's like being in a race and being 50 feet back from the leader.  You have to make a conscious decision and go get them.  You cannot just tell yourself they will come back and hope they come back.  You have to make a decision and go get them.







 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment