Thursday, August 10, 2017

Easy run

Slept all day.  Got up at around 1, a couple hours before work and got in an easy 3.6 miles, 23:38 on the treadmill.

First mile at about 7:00 pace, then I brought it down a little and did some pickups.  Felt a lot better by the end, but with tomorrow to go I'll easily have over 60 miles for the week and I don't want to go too high too fast.

Tomorrow the workout is geared towards 10-k pace, but some quicker stuff in there too.

4x60 seconds at 3-k pace with 60 seconds easy.
4-5x1.4 miles at 10-k pace with 2-3 minutes rest, probably 1 easy loop.
4x60 seconds at 3-k pace with 60 seconds rest.

The next 6 weeks I've got three 5 mile races and a 12-k.  I always found these were great distances to help get in shape and make marathon pace feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment