Thursday, August 24, 2017

Easy run

8 miles 52:54, treadmill, pickups every mile.  Was going to run 4 or so, but ended up doing a little more.  Means tomorrow I can have a shorter run to make 70 for the week.  Legs were a little tired from yesterdays workout, but good.

At 64.36 with tomorrow to go, so easily over 70 for week with only a couple of days with 10+ miles and one day of 5.  I need a few weeks in the 70-85 range and then crank it up the week I took off to about 100.  Then I'll at least have a little endurance under me.

Tuesday I'm going to do a hard long run, probably 21+.  Might even do the whole MDI marathon course and try to run about 2:40-2:45.  Not a big believer of runs like that but every once in a while I think it's good and it will give me a chance to recon the course well.  Figure if I race Saturday I'll have over 72 hours to recover and can run sub 6:20 pace.


No comments:

Post a Comment