Monday, August 14, 2017

Long run

20 miles on the treadmill, 1:59:01.

First 13.1 miles at 6:00 pace, 1-1.5% incline.  Felt pretty easy, just cruising.

Then 3x 9:00 at 2-3% incline, every 3:00 getting faster.  Took 3:00 at 6:00 pace at .5% between for my rests.

Last mile at goal marathon pace, 5:35 at 1.5% incline.

1152 feet of elevation gain.

Bottle of water before I started.  Took down 4 bottles of water, and two packs of sports beans, during run.

Legs will probably be a little tired for 5 mile race this weekend, but goal is 27:00, so I should still be able to do that.  I hope I can at least.  Machias is a pretty fun course.  First mile is mostly downhill and flat.  Second mile is a beast and all uphill, sub 6:00 pace will be good for that one.  Last three miles roll with a downhill finish.  I've run around 25:30 on the course, so sub 27 minutes will be good now.

NE Harbor 5-miler the week after just rolls the whole way.  Its always the slowest out of the three 5-milers because you just never get a mile that gives you a break.  So 26:45 will be good.

Bangor is kind of like Machias except the first mile is flat, and the third mile mostly uphill with a short dirt path you have to run on.  But most of the last 2 miles are flat and downhill.  26:30 hopefully

I have no idea what the 12-k course looks like, but mapping it out it looks rolling.  Sub 40:00 will be good, especially after my highest mileage week.

Just need to stay healthy and I'll be in good shape for MDI.


No comments:

Post a Comment