Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Workout

Legs probably were not 100% recovered from races on Sunday, but I needed to get this workout in with the busy week I've got.

3 mile warmup.

5x1/2 mile at goal 3-k pace.  I seeded myself at 9:30 for nationals which is 5:05 mile pace.  So hopefully somewhere between 9:15-9:30 is what I can run.

Did this workout on Duck Brook Road, fairly flat with some slight ups and downs, lots of gravel on the road, so wasn't great, but good enough.  Took 90 seconds easy between each.

2:30.4
2:31.0
2:29.3
2:29.9
2:28.4

Pretty happy with these, especially being true half mile instead of 800's.  Averaged out to 2:29.8, that's about 9:18 for 3000.  So hopefully with a few more faster workouts, some rest, and being on a track with some competition, 9:30 is realistic.

Still won't even know until the beginning of March if I'll even fly in on time for the 3000.  Haven't decided if I'll pay the extra $150 to change my plane ticket to day before if I find out I won't make it.  Could just decide to save the money and energy for the 1500 and 800.  But it would be kind of stupid not to run the 3000 which is probably my strongest event out of the three.  So I'll figure it out as we get closer.  I'm hoping when the schedule of events comes out that the 3000 is later in the afternoon, then I'll be all set.

Anyhow,

I'm pretty busy at work this week, so I may have to take Thursday off completely.  Not sure yet.  I'll try to sneak in some fast stuff that day, but not sure when.

No comments:

Post a Comment