Saturday, February 24, 2018

Start of a new week

Got in about 59 miles last week which is the highest since mid January.  Happy with that with one day at 3.1 miles, and two just over 4 miles. 

Not really resting going into tomorrows track races, but I didn't want to over do things yesterday after a good 7.5 mile steady state run on Wednesday.

Plus I didn't want to get too much in with spikes on and wreck my legs completely for Sunday's races.

The 1500 will be first.  Goal is 4:30, or 36 second 200s.  This should be doable.  Just need to make sure I don't go out too fast.  If anything I'll go out slow and make last 600 fast, which is how nationals will be.

After that I should have over an hours rest before the 1000.  This I'm kind of going to run a little more aggressively.  I'd like to try and go through 800 in 2:10 which is my goal for 800 at nationals, then hang on and hopefully finish at my goal 1500 pace for nationals which is 4:25.  That's a big slow down, but if I hit 2:10 through 800 I'm going to probably hit a bug wall the last 200. 

I'm probably going to do a workout after the race.  Really depends how I feel, but I'll get something in.

A couple workouts next week.  First one probably 4x1-mile @ goal 5-k pace, second one much faster, probably 5-8x 800 @ goal 3-k pace.

Then I race 5-k next Sunday in Portland.  It's not a fast course, but I'd like to run 16:20.

The week after that I'm going to start off with 10-12x1000 @ just faster than tempo pace,  second workout will be much faster, 5x1000 faster than goal 3k pace, withe equal rests.  Then weekend before nationals I'm going to run a 2k time trial.

A few days before heading to nationals I'll do 8x 200 @ goal 800 pace.

Then nationals, March 16th I've got 3k.
March 17th the 1500, and march 18th the 800.  Possible I may run a leg of 4x 800 on 17th as well.

So after that weekend I'll take 3-4 days easy before getting into 10-k training.

No comments:

Post a Comment