Friday, February 16, 2018

Getting to bed late.

So I'm finally on my new schedule.  It's nice that it's 10 hour shifts, but just not used to not getting my nap in.  Going to have to try and sleep longer into the afternoon. 

Usually I should be able to get in bed by 7:30am.  Today I had interview with reporter, so looks like 9:30 is sleep time.  Probably will have to go jump on treadmill at 8pm tonight before work.

Legs are pretty tired from yesterday.  Doing that workouts on a hilly route was pretty tough.  Don't get me wrong, I love tough workouts, but that workout is nice to do on a track where you can get into a pace and stay there. 

Even though my times were slower that what I thought they would have been on a track yesterday, they were way better than I thought I'd do on that hilly route.  So I think between running that 4 miler last Friday in 20:57 pretty easily and then yesterday's workout, I'd say on a track 5:15 pace instead of my goal of 5:18 is probably more accurate. 

I need to be able to run sub 5:20 by the end of April for 10-k, and be able to throw in a sub 5:10 mile to have any shot at getting in top 3 at 10-k masters champs.  Hopefully all this training for track race will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment