Sunday, February 25, 2018

Trip home

What a trip home from Orono.  Roads sucked.  I spun around, slid, did just about everything other than go off the road and crash.

Once I got to Ellsworth I needed to take a break before making the push to Bar Harbor.

Stopped in at Burger King.  Got me some chicken nuggets and just sat there for half hour until I was composed enough to keep driving.

Trenton was actually completely clear.  They had salted from ellsworth to head of island and the roads were so nice.

Then I got on island.  WTF, roads sucked again.  Guy passed about 8 cars, got right on me.  I pulled over and noted his license plate,  get him another day.

Made it home, took a nice 90 minute nap.  I was out.

Legs feel good so far.  Wearing spikes for two races didn't seem to hurt anything.  True test will be how they feel tomorrow.

Looks like about 8-10 guys signed up in 40-44 age group for 800, 1500, 3000 for indoor masters nationals. They'll probably run us with 45-49 age group, but they have double the amount, so maybe not.

Kind of hoping because a former training partner from my college days who's running the 3-k is in the later age group and it would be an epic race between us.  Plus there is a pretty fast guy in later age group and I want to race him.

Who knows.  I don't even know if I'll make it in time for 3k yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment