Sunday, February 25, 2018

Race report

2 mile warmup, 12:18.

Strides drills, lots of jogging around. 

1500 meter race started pretty bad.  I got a really bad start, but not surprising since I haven't raced on track in 12 years.  By end of first lap I'd taken lead.  Ran even through middle of race and final lap 31 seconds.  I'd seeded myself at 4:30, hoping I could run that now and be able to run 4:25 at nationals in three weeks.

Ended up running 4:23.75 today, so real happy.  Especially with start and not killing it until final lap.

Ran a mile after to cooldown and warmup for 1000.

Race went out pretty slow and I ended up staying behind leader for first 700 meters, then took off.  Ran final lap in 29.  Had seeded myself at 2:50, ended up running 2:48.37.

Mile on indoor track for cooldown after.

No comments:

Post a Comment