Saturday, January 20, 2018

Workout

After warming up and reconning road conditions, I chose a different workout.

By the time I got up, woke up and went out the door it was after 3 and roads were already starting to get icy after a warm day of thawing.  So I went over to a very hilly dirt road that's a few miles long, cape road, and ran back and forth.  Probably the hilliest road on island.

So 2 mile warmup, about 6:30 pace, then 7,6,5,5,3,2,1 minute pieces.  Started at 5:30 pace and worked down to 5:00 pace.  Half rests after each, so 3:30 after 7, 3 after 6 and so on.  Kept the rests more of a float at about 6:00 pace.

Long cooldown,  6+, about 6:30 pace.

Total was 15.5 in 1:34:47, 6:06 average.  Felt pretty easy in new racing flats.  Legs are tired from hills.  6,5,4,3 I hit some big hills, but I cranked up like they were not there.

Not the planned workout, but another one of my favorites I used to run at Zap that always worked great.  The rests are usually run a little slower but I always do them faster if I'm fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment