Monday, December 11, 2017

The next 6 weeks

I'm going to be following a pretty aggressive training plan the next 6 weeks.  Mileage is going up.

With all the extra time at the airport yesterday, I wrote down my plans.  Figured it would take my legs two easy days between workouts to be fairly fresh, three to be fresh.  So I'm taking two. 

Although I raced saturday morning and was able to hammer out a workout tonight, that's not going to be the norm.

I'll take the two days rest unless my legs are good beforehand.  If I do what I did today and just take a day, then I'm going to make myself take three days easy before getting into the three day cycle of workout, easy, easy again. 

I am only going to run a long run every 12-14 days which worked well in 2010, and let's me squeeze more workouts in.

Don't know if it's the right plan, but it's a plan and whatever that is I'm going to believe in it.

Looking back to my log on December 15th, 2009, I did a 12-k tempo in 40:17.  Faster than today, but I also did that on the track, so today on a hilly point to point course was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment