Thursday, December 28, 2017

A cold run

Went out the door for 12.1 miles,  cold going out with tailwind, damn cold coming back, full mask helped.  1:28:03.

Only had one mile under 7:00 pace and a couple in the 7:30 range.  Between the slick roads, the many layers I had on, and the wind, today was a make sure I'm not a pu*sy day.  I just put one foot in front of the other until I was about 6 miles out, then I was screwed and had to run back.

Honestly, I think it's smarter to get some treadmill running in on a day like this, but I took the last 5 years off and was kind of interested to see if I had developed weenie syndrome. Nope, just dumb.  Plus the last few weeks have sucked and at some point you just have to get ourside.  Although I'm sure I just burned fat at the pace I was going today and did little to boost my fitness, but probably not too many dumb asses out running today, so that's got to be some bonus tough points.

No comments:

Post a Comment