Saturday, December 9, 2017

Race

After running 2.5 mile warmup on course I was going to be happy under 35 minutes.  Tough.

Goal was to go out with lead pack and sit in.  Thought it would go out faster.  I got out really well, 75 seconds through 400 which isn't that fast, but no one was with me.  They were smarter.

I ended going out in 5:05 for mile in the lead.  Should have just gone out with pack, because between 1 and 3 I got passed by 40 people.  Ran even the rest of way.  17:10 ish through 5-k, 34:27 for final time.

Ended up finishing 33rd. Felt good energy wise.  Not my kind of course. 

Very uneven surface, long gradual hills, and the wind was miserable in 25-30 degree weather.  Even when I got behind a group it didn't help with wind much with my height.  Snow for open runners

But I had fun and learned how those top guys race.  I'll do better in road racing.

I got Dirigo some good press in the first mile, haha.

3 mile cooldown.  Good 11.7 to start the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment