Monday, March 5, 2018

Found some track pr's

So I found the one time I raced 5000 on outdoor track.  It was at Sea Ray Relays in Tennessee in 2006.  It was humid, and 90+ degrees, might have been 100. This was when I was racing for Zap fitness.  The race was ugly, and I ran 16:29.85.  I remember a bunch of maine guys were down to race and asked  me after if I was going to get thrown off team.  I ended up running 2:24 at Chicago marathon that same year.  Me and heat, don't mix as this result shows.

And I actually did run a track 10-k.  I think I put it out of my mind because it probably was not fun running 25 laps, but I ran 31:36.37.  2011 at umaine, bates meet.  Shit that ain't bad pr, especially since I know I was struggling with all kinds of injuries in 2011-12 before I stopped running for awhile.

Just got to find my 3000 steeplechase results.  I know I ran it twice, both times in the 10:10 to 10:20 range which wasn't very good and showed me this was not my event.  I'm surprised I didn't break my neck.  Both around 2002-2004.

I ran a bunch of ok 3000s indoor and outdoor  after college, 9:00 for indoor and 8:42 for outdoor.  Never raced more than mile in college.

Think I only ran one indoor track 5-k, but I may be wrong, might have run one at usm to pace some college guys through 3-k of it and jogged in.
But the 5k I know I did I was in seeded heat at valintine invite.  I shouldn't have been in that heat.  I remember running first mile dead last in 4:28, might have actually gone through 1000 in a pr, and it was ugly from there.  Ran 15:10, but was in shape to run 14:30-14:40 if I'd run in right heat.  Winning time was sub 14 so I got lapped multiple times.  Not pretty.

So out of all these pr's, the one I know I can get is that outdoor 5-k, 16:29.  Thats pretty ugly.  The other ones, ya, not sure I can get any of those at age 40, but I'll give em a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment