Sunday, March 11, 2018

Easy ride/ track workout

Yesterday I did 35 minutes on bike trainer, working on keeping a quick cadence.

Today, headed up to Umaine.  Warmed up 1.5 miles.  Not sure if it was from shitty sleep or not running since Wednesday other than on snowshoes, but I was sluggish.  Or day off yesterday.  I was warming up in lane 4 and just figured my watch wasn't reading distance right, then I jumped in lane 1 and timed 200 and was surprised I was running slower than 7 minute pace.  Wtf

Well this could happen this weekend, so after 200 meter warmup repeat in 36, ouch, I jumped into the workout and get it done.

Goal was to run at least goal 1500 meter pace(4:25) throughout.

800- 2:15
400- 68
300- 47

Well under goal pace,  took 60-90 seconds between everything.  Never felt great, but I was more concerned with rotc guys playing some type of eam building dodge ball game.  Balls were flying across track, guys were crossing to get them, they put a couple mats in lane 1 on corners, and when they did burpees they were kicking out into lane 2.  So I had a dodge the college rotc workout trying not to run someone over. 

After my main workout I did 4x200 closer to goal 800 pace
32,31,31,31.  About 90 seconds rests. 

Legs actually started to feel normal by second 200.

Got in 10.5 mile cooldown, first 7 with the gang.  Drive back was rough.  Should have rolled before I left orono.

Some things I learned today.  1500 and 3000 will go well.  I'm capable.  The 800, ya, I think it's gonna depend.  My speed isn't there.  I'm definitely capable of my 2:10 goal, but that isn't going to get a medal.  Probably have to run at least 2:05.  On a really good day, maybe.  Thankfully it's last race and I can run a little dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment