Sunday, November 5, 2017

Race

Warmed up 2 miles.  Way too slow for me.  8:30 pace compared to the sub 6:30 pace I usually do before races and workouts.  But ran with team.  Need to do my own warmup I guess because as test mile at franklin park is mile 1 and I ran 5:44. 

5:40, 5:38 next two and I was like hey, this is goal marathon pace. 

Finally got things together and ran a better 4th mile 5:32.  Then up bear cage for 5th mile in 5:28 passing a lot of people.

Huge group about 20 seconds ahead of me going into final mile, and I finally felt warmed up.  Caught back if group going into last 150 meters after 5:06 6th mile.

Passed a couple of them.  34:08.  Not very good, but at least I got my head screwed on right for last bit.  Still out of five times I've run course, all between 2000-2003 when I was young, I managed my third best time,  so not what I wanted, but looked like it was going to be worse.

And I beat all the other 39 year olds in open race, so that made me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment