Friday, November 17, 2017

A little rest

Didn't know how my legs would respond to the faster stuff yesterday.  I did the 2 minute pieces about 4:20 pace, and everything else was a bit faster.  This workout always seems to go well and give me some confidence. 

Race sunday is on a similar course I used yesterday, so going out under 5 shouldn't be over the top.

Other than Erik and I up front, I'm not sure who else will be in it.  All the other top guys are running philly marathon.  Maybe some umaine guys will show up.

I'd like to finish under 15:15 on Sunday, but the wind can be big factor in the open out and back course. 

My IT band was sore last night, but it feels good now. 

This coming week I've got another hard 20+ miler.  Probably do 5 miles easy, middle 10 going cycles of 5:40, 5:30, 5:20.  Then 5+ to finish with some 1 minute pickups every mile.

Then it's some workouts on golf course to get ready for nationals.  Course is mostly grass and can be muddy.  It's got some good hills.  Winning time in 2012 on Kentucky course was 32 high.  Course is a little different this year, but in same area.

At least I'll get a good look at the top masters guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment