Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Planned week of training

Today and tomorrow, got to run easy.  Rest up for long run Thursday.

Long run Thursday,  Going to run 3 mile warm-up.  Then 4x3-miles with 1 mile float between. 1 mile at 5-k pace, 1-2 mile cool down, makes 21-22 miles.

First 3 mile piece at 5:40 pace, float at about 6:00-6:10 pace.
Next 3 miles at 5:34 pace, float a mile.
Next 3 miles 5:27 pace, float a mile.
Last 3 miles,  5:21 pace, float a mile
1 mile at 5-k pace., 1 mile cool down.

17 miles of good work.  I'll do this on treadmill at 1.5% incline.

Friday and Saturday easy runs and Sunday a 4 mile race.  Not sure about this course.  I don't think its a fast course, so I'd like to be under 5:20 pace.

After that its some workouts to get ready for 10-k X-C race in Lexington, then train for Midwinter 10-miler in Feb. and 50-k in March.  Still up in the air whether I will do a real long run before 50-k.  I may just stick with normal marathon training with some biking in after my long runs.  I want to stay healthy and not get injured.

No comments:

Post a Comment