Monday, November 6, 2017

Moderate run

Finally got the treadmill fixed after about an hour of working on it.  Had to reload some programsinto it.  These new treadmills are more like computers.

After that I tested it out.  Between running like shit yesterday a race, the way my day went and then having to frig with the treadmill for an hour I ran 6:00 pace with some surges every mile.  1.5% incline the whole time.

7.5 miles, 43:56, 555 feet of gain.  Not easy, but not hard.

Legs feel better now.  Thought about running longer, but I need to rest a little before Wednesday's long 20 mile workout.  I really cannot wait to race again and get the stink of yesterdays race off me.  I really thought I was ready to run closer to 33 minutes on that course yesterday, not 34:08.  The one good thing about racing crappy is I always run the next few races really well, because I run pissed off.

2011 I ran piss poor at the Sugarloaf uphill challenge, drove 2+ hours home and did a workout, then ran a solo 1:09:30 for a half marathon with a bunch of it on dirt the next weekend.  Probably won't be in anyone at the 4-mile race this weekend, but I don't care.  The 3 mile race the weekend after will have good competition and I'm going out and running myself into the ground.  No tactics, other than not going out super stupid, but it's going to be a race from start to finish and not jogging for half the race and a sprint finish.  I'm pissed.  I hate traveling all the way to Boston to run like shit when I could have stayed home and run just as fast solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment