Monday, November 20, 2017

All Signed up for Midwinter

Just about everyone I know who is fast is going to Midwinter.  I won't be going out with them, but that 55:19 masters record is my goal.  I'm going to squeeze in some 20 milers every two weeks so I'll be able to run 50-k in March, but mostly my training once I get through X-C race in December will be geared towards 10-miler.

In 2009 on a much better weather day I ran 15:37 at the Brewer Turkey Trot, and then went on to run 50:57 at Midwinter 10-miler a couple of months later.  I ran 15:44 yesterday, so hopefully 55:19 will be within my range in 9 weeks.  Never run well on the flat 3 mile course at Turkey trot.  Always windy which I struggle in, and I always go out too fast in the short races, which doesn't help.  Really loved the old 5-k course they had because most of the last mile was uphill, glory days.

Looks like some nice weather then next couple of days.  I may sneak in my long run tomorrow evening instead of Wednesday just because I'll get to sleep around midnight tonight instead of 8am on Wednesday.  Legs don't feel too bad from yesterday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment