Friday, November 10, 2017

Lexington bound

Alright, I signed up for US Masters X-C race December 9th in Lexington, KY.

Dirigo guys may send a team.  Hopefully.  After yesterdays run there is no doubt I should have a chance to be in top 5.  Goal is still top 15, but if I can have a good race, I should be right up near the front.  If I can stay with pack I should be able to get away from just about anyone in final half mile.  I don't have he best kick, but it should be good enough if I can stick close.

Now I just need to figure out flights, hotels and car rentals. 

Still plan on 4 mile race this weekend as long as I can get a ride to the race in Ellsworth.  I think one of the guys I work with will drive me.  The course is pretty tough, but I'd like to be under 21:20, and really I'd like to be under 21:00. 

3 mile race next weekend is more important and should be a tough race up front.  Flat course, but wind can be an issue on this course.  Going to try and run first mile of this in 4:50 and then hopefully be in low 15's for whole thing if it's not windy.  Won't be able to stick around for awards.  Race is at 1pm, and I have to be at work at 3.  So I will run, jump in my car and drive the hour back to BH.

No comments:

Post a Comment