Sunday, September 10, 2017

Weekend of races

Warmed up and did 5-k course in Orono.  First mile was not as fast as I thought it would be.

Legs were pretty sore still but I managed to go out in 4:55.  Leader was about 4:50.  After that I held onto goal marathon pace the rest of the way which was good with the hills and the 600 meters on the trails.

Cooldown, the 5-k course again.  Won a pie of whoopie pies.

Drove down to Bradbury with Autumn and set camp.  Went and got about 6 miles in on the trails.  Legs were fried.

Got up Sunday and got in a couple miles easy.  Hung out in about 4th place for most of the race.  At about mile 6 I went past 3rd, and then caught 2nd place.  Finished in 2nd in about 1:27:54 for the 12 mile race.  I didn't fall at all, which is amazing.

Afterwards I only managed a real slow 4 miles.  Couldn't do anymore.

Back in Bar Harbor, about to jump on the treadmill for another run.  Legs are good and tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment