Monday, September 4, 2017

AM Race

Got in warm up of 2+ miles.

5-mile race went well.  Wanted to try and break 5:00 for the first mile.  Got a little aggressive and ran 4:51.  I paid for that in mile two with a headwind and ran 5:29, but under goal marathon pace, so I was happy.  Luckily I was able to recover for the third mile that starts uphill, then continues uphill on a single track path, before finishing uphill on pavement.  Somewhere in the 5:45 range which I was really happy about, because its hard to be under 6:00 for this mile.  Then picked it up under goal marathon pace for the last two.

According to my GPS splits I ran 4:50, 5:28, 6:15, 5:15, and 5:05, so maybe I didn't run the third mile as good as I thought, but I got it together by the end at least.

26:55 for second place.

Led through most of the first mile, with Eric in tow.  He went on and ran really well in about 25:52.

Cool down of just over 4 miles.

Thought I could run a little faster, but I was a little tired from working last night and not getting to bed until about 2 am, and my back still hurt a bit, but loosened up partway through the race.  But overall after a 23.5 miler less than a week ago, my back and being tired I was pretty happy to be under 27. 
5-k next week.  I'm going to try and run under 4:50 for the first mile there and then hold on.

After that I'll have a 12-k and 10-k races where I'll actually try and run even.  With a 4-k race I plan to hammer the first mile and hold on.

Going for another run tonight to get some mileage.


No comments:

Post a Comment