Thursday, September 21, 2017

Easy run

I actually went outside today.  Humid and with sun it felt pretty hot.  But I always feel better running outside, treadmill sucks.

I decided to test out gps watch with half mile alerts since I'm going to try and run the first 1.5 miles of 4-k hard on sunday. 

I'm working 1900 on Saturday until 0730 on sunday so I have no idea how fast I can run after a 12+ hour overnight shift, but after this I get to go into every race fresh.

Today went out on marathon course.  Cruising easy.  4.71 miles, 30:58.  Half mile splits of.
3:14
3:21
3:33
3:13
3:13
3:24
3:14
3:10
3:13
1:18 for last .21.

Legs are still a little tired from 20 miler Tuesday night, but mostly it was humidity with sun that was the worst part of run.

Legs should be good for tomorrow afternoons 17 miler with Kephart.  Just need to pace him at 6:10 pace.  Won't be super easy on carriage roads, but it shouldn't be too hard.

Got my marathon shoes yesterday.  Nike zoom streak 6.  Same lower as flyknit I wore for sugarloaf, but upper is lighter and more breathable.  I'll put a couple workouts on them and race the 10-k on October 1st in them, but I'm mostly saving them for marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment