Friday, September 15, 2017

Easy run

4 miles, 25:08, pickups every half mile.  Pickups started at 6:00 pace at 1.5% incline, worked down to 5:00 pace at 3% incline.  I guess I never gave any of my readers an idea of what I do for pickups.

So every half mile mostly to break things up I run .10 of a mile at 6:00 pace.  Sometimes I'll bring it down a little faster, but these aren't meant to be hard.  Today I did two at 6:00 pace, two at 5:27 pace, three starting at 5:00 pace for first .05, and then 5:27 pace last .05.  Brought the incline up a little as I went to wake up legs for tomorrow.  I'd prefer to do some hill sprints outside because I can go faster than the treadmill lets me, but this works good enough.

12-k race tomorrow.  Not easy to focus at a quick pace for 40 minutes.  I really love 10+ mile races so you can zone out at a little slower pace.

Got to jump in the pool for some deep water running the next two weeks some to get my form in order and strengthen up some.  Pool running makes my running form super good.  But at 3-4% body fat its a good effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment