Thursday, July 13, 2017

Long Run

21.3 miles, 2:12:04.   I started from town and went out to the park loop road.  Ran around the loop and then back into town.  1425 feet of elevation gain.  Hot and humid, so I didn't push too much.  Luckily I had someone on the bike giving me water.  I also used up a pack of the gummy chew blocks during the run.

For the most part I felt pretty good.  Kept the flatter miles around 6:00 pace, although not many of those, kept the downhill ones a bit faster and the uphill ones a bit slower.  A couple of the uphill ones were 200 feet of gain, and they all just had to be in the sun.

Probably the longest training run I've done since 2010.  I definitely needed a good strength run.

Average HR was 161 which is not that high, so that's good.  I've got a really busy schedule the next 4 days, so I'm going to try and get in 3-4 miles through Monday and then a workout Tuesday evening.  21st and 22nd I've got a 9 mile, and 7.7 mile legs for the sunrise trail relay to run, so this should set me up well for that.

After that my fall schedule of races is as follows.

August 26th, Northeast Harbor 5-miler.
Labor Day 5-miler in Bangor.
September 16th- 12-k in Stockton Springs.
MDI marathon-October 15th.

I also took a week off about 5 weeks out from the marathon and plan on getting in a big week.

No comments:

Post a Comment