Friday, July 7, 2017

Easy run with new watch

I was thinking about a workout today, but the rain stopped and it got humid as heck and I just didn't feel it, so I did an easy run testing out the Garmin 610.  I've never used a GPS watch before.  Lots of data and its got a HR monitor too.

Got to say it's pretty accurate as long as I stayed away from the side of the mountains.  My 2.2 mile warmup which I've wheeled out was 2.19 miles on the watch.  I'd call that pretty close.  My .28 mile loop which I've also wheeled out was pretty off on the watch, but I think because it's smack in the middle of three 1000+ foot mountains, and other than a few hours a day you cannot even see the sun..  So no workouts around my loop with this watch, but should work most other runs.  Got the foot pod on order and I'll see if that helps with the workout loop,  Although since I'll be training for a hilly marathon I'll probably be doing most of my workouts elsewhere anyways.

So 5.6 miles total today, 33:44.  Just over 52 miles for the week.  14 weeks 2 days to go.  15 weeks out from Sugarloaf I was at 12 miles for week 1, so I'm well ahead now.

I'm definitely in ok shape, while sitting on the couch before the run my HR was about 35bpm.

No comments:

Post a Comment