Thursday, July 27, 2017

AM easy run

3.6 miles on treadmill.  23:13.  Pickups every half mile.  Another run later with some strides and drills.

Not sure what kind of time I'll have to get the mileage up too much but I'd like to stay close to 60 the next handful of weeks, then bump it up into the 70-85 range for a couple of weeks, then one week over 100 about 5 weeks out from marathon.  The main thing is getting in a good 20+ miler once a month and a couple 16+ milers each month as well.  My lack of long runs before Sugarloaf kept me from doing better in that race.  I was toast by 16 miles and just gutted it out.

Next 20 miler will be on MDI marathon course, and I'll be doing a lot of longer workouts on the course as well.  Just knowing the course as well as I do should help a little bit.  Trick is to get to mile 12 feeling ok.  First 12 are pretty hilly, but from there until 17 its pretty fast.

Right now I'm thinking I could run about low 2:30's on the course, but with some work I'd like to get close to 2:26.

No comments:

Post a Comment