Monday, July 3, 2017

Easy morning run

I usually don't run in the morning, but I knew it would hot and my buddy Nick Wheeler was in town so I did an easy 4.7 miles with him, 31:18.  Even at 6:30 it was pretty hot, but better than it will be later.

Legs feel good after yesterdays run.  Probably do a quicker workout tonight around 7pm.  Maybe some 3 minutes intervals.  About 16 weeks until the marathon so still lots of time.  A few more weeks at 40-50 miles a week before slowly ramping things up.

I've got a week and a half off in September abotu 5 weeks out from MDI, so I'm either going to run a 50-k time trial or a Longer Canova day where I do a hard half marathon in the morning and then 10x1000 in the evening and get in a total of 40-50-k.  Or I may hike the 100 mile wilderness on the AT.

I'm hovering at about 150 pounds right now, so I don't have mush weight to shed for October.  I want to be around 145 for the marathon, so with a few weeks at 85 miles that should be pretty easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment