Sunday, July 2, 2017

Long Run

Hit the treadmill with about 100oz of fluids.  First mile at 6:00 pace, again the treadmill was stuck at about 5%.  So I stopped and did a calibration check on it.  Once that was fixed again, I ran just over another mile and a half at 6:00 pace at 1.5% incline before the treadmill shut off.  Reset it and did another mile and a half at 6:00 pace at 1.5% incline before it shut off again.  In between each reset I did high knees in place to keep my heart rate up.

Another reset and I backed it off to 6:15 pace but set it up to 2.5% which is about equal to 6:00 pace.  Kept the fan on the treadmill off so the motor didn't have to use any extra power, which was brutal.  Felt like I was running in a swamp of hot air.

After an hour I did 3x9:00 with each 3:00 bringing the incline up, going 3%,3.5%, 4%. so equal to about 5:55 to 5:45 pace.  3:00 easy between at 2.5% incline.  Last mile I crept the pace up to 6:07 at 2.5% incline.

Not as far as I wanted to go, but I had run out of water and had climbed about 2000 feet.  Felt easy for the most part other than the heat and the issues with the treadmill.

16.5 miles, 1:41:53, so 6:10 pace average, but with the incline it was equal to sub 6:00.  Didn't take any gels because they make my stomach feel like crap after, but I used some of the gummy chew blocks with extra salt which seemed to help.

I'll do a quicker workout tomorrow night to get some speed in since I couldn't do the 8 to 1 with the treadmill issues.

Overall it was a good medium effort run.  And i like to do the 3x9:00 uphill early season anyways, so it worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment