Sunday, June 25, 2017

Easy run

4.7 miles easy, 29:40.  Treadmill.

Pickups every half mile, middle half mile at 6 minute pace at 4% grade just to change it up. 

I really wanted to run really hard today.  I had a rough night at work, but knowing I needed to recover from race yesterday I kept it easy.

Workout Tuesday.  Probably 5x 1.12 miles at vo2 max pace.

I was going over my schedule and I need to do some work right around 5:05 pace, and I need some good hill workouts.  So 5x 1.12 miles at about 5:05 pace Tuesday

A hill workout, probably hill cycles on Friday or Saturday consisting of 5 x 2-k loop with 400 meter steep hill and the rest gradually down, run at tempo pace, it's a good 30+ minute steady workout where you work the hill to stay on pace, and feels like 3-k effort, then the downhill is pretty easy to run tempo pace, but you recover just enough and get some eccentric work in and a nice tempo.

Then a long run next week.  18 miles with 8 to 1 minute intervals after running a steady 6 miles.  8 minutes is about marathon pace, and each gets faster as you go to 1.  Rests are half the time of interval, so as you go faster, rests get shorter.

I ended up with about 42 miles last week.  This week will probably be a little higher, but I'm waiting a few more weeks to crank it up near 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment