Friday, April 27, 2018

Easy runs, day off, short workout

Monday I managed a painful 3.5 miles.  Tuesday was less pain but still there, 4 miles.  Really weird, the faster I go and the longer I go the better it usually feels.

Wednesday I took the day off just to see if that would help at all.  Not really, it hurt all day.

Thursday I went up to the track.  Warmed up 1.7 miles.  The first couple of laps the pain was crazy, but then it settled down.

I wanted to do some 1000 meter repeats at about 5:20 pace.  Went 3:15,3:20,3:15.  Didn't feel hard, but I didn't feel like I could go much faster and I was more out of breath than I should have.  I did only take 200 meter jog rests in 55-60 seconds and I had trainers on, so I guess that's a plus.

After a few minutes of walking around I did 400 meters to see if I could still run 5:00 pace.  managed 70 seconds and it didn't feel super hard.  So maybe I just need to do a bunch of 400's and slowly increase the distance as I get in better shape.

1.6 cooldown at 6:00 pace felt easy. 

Feel like I'm not fit, but also feel like I should be more out of shape with the lack of training the last 5 weeks.

Going to see the doctor again next week for the 4th time.  Not sure if there is some sort of injury that the bite caused, or if its just the bite.  Pain changes places from heel to upper calf.

I tried a few things today.  Heel walks are pain free, so I would say that rules out bone issues.  Heel walks hurt more, but aren't terrible.  Definetly going downhill feels better, and going uphill my shin muscles start to hurt because I'm over compensating for something else.  Again running downhill less pain means probably not bone.  I think whatever bite me much have inflamed some soft tissue in there.  I still have 7 more days of the doxy, hopefully that helps. 

I'm gonna have to find some local 5-k's to run to start getting fit again.  Nothing like racing to get fit.  Just a hard thing to do after racing at the level I was at in February and March. 

The only other thing i can think of is I know right about when all this happened I was snowshoeing and I remember hitting the inside of my leg a few times with the metal on the snowshoe and maybe that hurt something.  Don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment