Monday, April 23, 2018

Day off followed by long run

Got ready yesterday, went out door, took about 5 steps and walked home in pain.  Leg is good sometimes, sometimes not.

Sunday I had plans to meet up with Knickerbocker for a tour of the park loop road.  Since Nov. I've gotten a handful of 15-16 milers in, but this was going to be longer and I was unsure about leg after yesterday.

Leg wasn't terrible, and once I got through a handful of miles it got really good.  Weird.  Not super fast, but with the last 4 weeks mostly wasted, I was pretty happy with the run.  19.1 miles, just over 2:06.  Some good elevation gains. 

Bite mark finally looks like it's starting to heal.  Leg still hurts at times, but it's definitely not a running injury if I can do what I did yesterday.

Should have my new training plan done this week.  Gonna skip the US masters 10-k champs this weekend with the shit training I've had the last 4 weeks.  Very sad, since it's the only us masters champs race in new england this year.  But there is no point to go down and run a minute slower than I could have a month ago.

Might do a local 5-k this weekend to start racing myself back into shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment