Monday, April 2, 2018

Some rough days

Weds. I got in 4.5 miles easy.  My leg had been hurting since the 7.5 mile snowshoe run I'd done last week, but I really felt it during this run.

Thursday I did a ride on bike trainer thinking that might give my leg some rest, but it hurt biking, uh oh.  I'd actually gotten ready to run, went outside, took a couple of steps and stopped.

Friday it hurt walking around so I took day off and drove to my buddy Bunkers place in liberty for the night.

Saturday morning I got up around 3:30 to make it to Freeport to meet the team carpooling group.  Most of the trip I switched ice packs and took an unhealthy amount of advil, aleve, and Tylenol.

Once at the race the leg still hurt walking around.  I was here for the team, so I warmed up 2 miles.  Hurt every step, but was manageable.  Time for 15k.

I put long socks on hoping it would help the leg.  I should have kept the half tights, winter hat and long sleeve off because even though I was cold at start I was way too hot by mile 1.

Race went ok.  Went out too slow, slacked in middle of race and kind of gave up at end, but I ran ok.  51:57 gun time.  3rd master.

Somehow my leg didn't seem to hurt during race and I managed a 2 mile cooldown too.

By the time I got back to Maine the leg wasn't good.  Multiple ice packs, advil. 

Sunday, I managed 2.15 miles.  Hurt like heck every step.  Not good.

Monday, 4.4 miles, hurt less every step.  Hopefully tomorrow I can run a bit longer with less pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment