Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Easy short day, then semi workout

Managed 3 miles in the rain on Monday.  Wanted to run longer but leg was super painful every step.

Tuesday I headed to track.  Warmed up then set off to complete some mile repeats at about 5:20 pace.

It was pretty windy, and I left the racing flats at home.  Getting going was the hard part, after first few steps pain wasn't too bad.  Pretty much spot on with intervals, 5:18, 5:20, 5:21 with 2 minutes jog rests.  They didn't feel as easy as they should, but other than a few longer races I haven't gotten much for hood runs or workouts in about 3 weeks now. 

Fitness is sliding rapidly now.  I got away with it for a few weeks, but today showed me I've got to get healthy and get another base phase in.  Sucks.  Seeing doctor again tomorrow,  who knows what's wrong with leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment