Thursday, April 12, 2018

Couple more easy runs

6.5 miles Tuesday.  Cruising.  5th mile in 5:30, felt easy.

Wednesday was a not much sleep day after spending most of the day at court after an overnight.  Went out as it was getting dark.  5.5 miles, 4th mile in about 5:14, easy.

Leg is about the same.  Sometimes it feels better, sometimes it hurts.  Running it actually feels pretty good.  Laying around it hurts. 

Thursday I'm planning on my first workout in over two weeks.  Think a bookend consisting of
1.5 miles at goal 10-k pace(5:12-5:18 pace), 3 minutes rest
3-5x1000 at just faster than 10-k pace, 90 seconds rest.
1.5 miles at goal 10-k pace, 3 minutes rest
1-2x400 Hard, 3 minutes rest.

This should give me a good indicator of where I'm at a few weeks out from the US 10-k masters champs.  Kind of wasted the last couple of weeks messing around with this leg thing.  Not sure I'll be in shape to break 33 minutes and maybe get in top 3-5, but I'll get in some good workouts the next 10 days and see what I can do.

I think this weekend instead of a 10-k pace workout I'll work on some 3-kish pace stuff. 
Probably 5x1000.   The 15-k and 10-miler I recently ran served well for tempo runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment